Now before I get comments from "pro-lifers" on how I can say I'm pro choice; let me explain. I believe that we all have a choice, a common belief much supported by organizations such as planned parenthood. One key difference however is the time that this choice occurs.
You see, every action has consequences, whether they be good or bad. Every action draws a reaction. If I lie about finishing a project at work, I may get away with it for a day or so, but eventually, I will be discovered and punished. Everything has a price, be it debit or credit.
I believe choices are being made without thought to consequence. I believe that pro-choice supporters generally gather under the umbrella to have an excuse for not wanting to accept responsibility of their action. I believe that the choice is made at the moment a couple decides to have sex. The choice is made at that moment. As with any decision, there will always be consequences. Procreation is accomplished through sex. If you have sex, especially not using a condom or other method of contraception, you must accept the consequences for that action.
To hide under the facade that one is pro-choice in the common definition, is to hide under the umbrella of excuses and immaturity. You simply are not wanting to accept the consequences of your actions. You chose to take that risk, and if it results in life- it is not your place to murder. Abortion is simply murder for convenience. It is wrong and will always remain wrong.
We all have choices to make, none bigger than accepting or rejecting Jesus, the Christ, as savior. As a Christian to support the sanctity of life as well as recognizing every one's right to choice is crucial.
No comments:
Post a Comment